- All Purpose flour - 1/2 cup (approx 150 gms)
- Egg- 1
- Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk-1/2 glass
- Butter- 50 grams
- Beat the egg in a bowl for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the all purpose flour, salt, sugar and mix it well.
- Add milk little by little and beat it until you get the right consistency without any clumps.
- (Optional: Add a 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to the mixture and keep it aside for 10 minutes)
- The consistency may be like that of a normal dosa or slightly thinner than that. It shouldn't be too thick or too thin.
- Heat a flat tava. Use medium heat.
- Slightly oil the tava and spread the batter as a circle, as you normally do it for dosa.
- When it is slightly brown(don't leave it for much time), turn it over and remove immediately after 3-5 seconds from the tava.
- Dont leave the dosa much time on the hot tava after turning it, as it loses its softness.
- Coat it with little butter and sprinkle some powder sugar or normal sugar and serve it hot.
- Other combinations are jam, vanilla sauce,cream, chocolate, joghurt, kurma, honey and cherry, honey and strawberry, etc.
Original Crepes recipe
- All purpose flour- 250 gm
- Egg- 2
- Milk- 200 ml
- Water-250 ml
- Butter-50 gm
- Mix the egg, all purpose flour, salt and milk in a bowl.
- Finally add butter and required amount of water.
- Keep it in a cool place for about half an hour or more and allow it to increase in volume.
- Use this batter as crepes batter as described above.
Original Pancake recipe:
- All Purpose flour- 2 cups
- Baking powder- 2 1/2 teaspoons
- Sugar- 3 teaspoons
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs- 2
- Milk-1 cup
- Buttermilk- 1/2-3/4 cups
- Melted Butter- 2 tablespoons
- Add Melted Butter, egg in a bowl.
- Add all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt into the bowl.
- Add milk and required amount of buttermilk and mix it well without any clumps.Cook it in a slightly greased griddle.
- Use 1/4 cup of batter for one pancake and do not spread it like crepes.
- The pancake is turned , once it turns pluffy enough and golden brown at the bottom side.
- Cook it till it is golden brown on the other side.
- Serve it hot.