Here is one of the simple prawn curry with potatoes in chettinadu style again.
- Prawns- 10 big pieces
- Garlic-4 or 5
- Big Onion-2
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 3/4 teaspoon
- For seasoning:Fennel, curry leaves
- Oil- 2 tablespoon
- Clean the prawns and allow it to dry seperately.
- Cut potatoes into large squares and mix it with chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Heat oil in pan and add fennel and curry leaves.
- When it starts to splutter add the garlic paste, cut onions and then the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are cooked add the prawns with turmeric powder.
- After 2 minutes of frying, add the potatoes and fry it .
- Add enough salt, close the lid and allow it to cook.
- Stir with a spoon and sprinkle some water if needed in intervals.
- Brinjals can also be added if needed.
- Suits well with all kind of rices as sidedish.