Chickpeas are a helpful source of zinc, folate and protein. They are also very high in dietary fiber and hence a healthy source of carbohydrates for persons with insulin sensitivity or diabetes. Chickpeas are low in fat and most of this is polyunsaturated.
- Cooked Chickpeas(Bengal gram/Kondakadalai)-1 can (400g)
- Large Onion-1
- Ginger-1 inch
- Fennel(Sombu)-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli Powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon-small piece
- Oil-2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice-few drops
- Boil the tomatoes and make into a paste after peeling off the skin.
- Tomato Puree can also be used instead of this paste.
- Fry Fennel, ginger garlic paste and onion in small amount of oil and make into a paste without adding much water.
- Now heat the remaining oil in pan and add cloves and cinnamon.
- Then add the paste and Tomato paste or puree (add very little water, only if needed) and cook it till oil comes in the sides.
- Finally add the cooked Chickpeas and required amount of salt to the gravy and cook it for another two minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and add a few drops of lemon juice during serving.
- Suits with Chapathi, poori, Samosa, Rice.