Eggplant is effective in the treatment of high blood cholesterol called hypercholesterolemia and is also a source of folic acid and potassium.
Here is one of the tastiest recipe with brinjal.
- Coconut(grated)-2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Oil-1 tablespoon
- Mustard,Cumin seeds,Urad dal, Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves.
- Cut the brinjal without cutting completely upto the base , i.e., -as suitable for stuffing.
- Grind onion(1 & 1/2), cumin seeds, coconut, with turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and required amount of salt into a paste.Dont use much water.
- Stuff the paste in brinjal.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard.
- When it splutters add the urad dal, cumin seeds and the curry leaves.
- Fry the onions and then the tomato in oil.
- Add the stuffed brinjals and the remaining paste and allow it to cook it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- When the brinjal is cooked well, add the tamarind juice or paste. Add salt if needed more.
- Allow it to boil for two more minutes.
- Garnish with tamarind leaves after taking out of flame.
- A perfect side dish for all types of rices.