- Prawns-125 grams(approx 10 big pieces)
- Large Onion-1
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Oil-2 tablespoon
- For seasoning: Mustard, Urad dal, Cumin seeds, Curry leaves
- Fennel(sombu)-1 teaspoon
- Khuskhus(poppy seeds/ kasakasa)-1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper-1 teaspoon
- Red chilli-2 or 3
- Grated coconut-3 tablespoon
- Grind the above said items without adding much water.
- Heat oil in pan and add the seasoning items.
- When it starts to splutter, add the onions and garlic.
- When it is half cooked in oil, add the turmeric powder and then the tomatoes.
- After the tomatoes are cooked well add the cleaned prawns.
- Fry the prawns for few minutes and allow it to cook in the closed lid with very little water.
- When the prawns are half cooked add the masala paste and required amount of salt.
- Now add approximately 1/4 cup of water and cook it with the lid closed.
- Add water little by little till the prawns are well cooked.
- Allow the gravy to cook till it reduces into a thick masala.
- Serve it with all types of rices , idlis or dosas.