List 2 :
- mutton - 400 gms
- onions(small) -20
- garlic -6
- ginger - 1 1/2 inch
- turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder -1/2 teaspoon
- green chilli - 2
List 2 :
- small onion - 10
- curry leaves
- red chilli - 2
- oil - 3 tablespoon
- grated coconut - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- roasted gram powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Add 2- 2 1/2 cups of water and cook the items in List 1 in a pressure cooker.(Dont use excess water)
- Leave it for 3-4 whistles according to your cooker model.
- Drain the excess water if needed.( The excess water can be used in soups :-D)
- Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add onions and a pinch of salt and cook it till golden brown.
- Once onions are cooked , add grated coconut and all the cooked ingredients and cook it for a minute till it becomes dry.
- Finally sprinkle some roasted gram powder to the mixture and stir it well.
- Once the pieces are seen well seperated , the chukka is ready to serve.
- Mutton chukka is a wonderful combination with all type of indian rice recipes,chappathi, parotta, idli, and dosa.