When I usually have many kinds of vegetables like cauliflower, beans , carrot,etc.., I used to do this mixed vegetable curry. This can also be done with any one of the vegetables seperately.But usually it tastes wonderful, when we use more variety of vegetables.
[Vegetables that can be used generally:
- Green Peas
- (Maize can also be used)]
- Cut Vegetables -2 cups
- Moong dal- 2-3 tablespoon
- Green Chillies-3
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice- few drops (if desired)
- For seasoning: Mustard,Urad Dal, Curry leaves.
- Wash the vegetables and cut into larger pieces.
- Cook the cut vegetables in salted water along with moong dal.
- Take care that the vegetables are not overcooked.
- Use the right amount of water to cook the vegetables.
- Stir it with a spoon in intervals so that the water does not spill out while cooking.
- Heat the oil in pan and add the seasoning items as usual.
- When it starts spluttering add the green chillies.
- After few seconds add the onion and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Now add all the cooked vegetables and the moong dal after draining the remaining water.
- Add salt if needed and fry it for 2 minutes before removing from the flame.
- A colorful tasty mixed vegetable curry is ready to serve.
- Add few drops of lemon juice, if desired while serving.
- Side dish for all kind of rices...