Here is the recipe for such a tasty Tamil pudding(?????????? can we call it like this? ...no idea!!!!!)
- Vermicelli (or any other brand)Semiya-1/2 cup
- Sago(Javarisi)-1/4 cup(either one or both can be used)
- Milk-2 cups
- Water-1 cup
- Ghee-2 tablespoon
- Sugar-5 or 6 tablespoon(according to the sweetness required)
- Cahsew- 7 or8
- Cardamom(elakai)-4 or5
- Dry grapes-8 or 10
- Heat little ghee in the pan and fry the cashews to golden brown.
- Keep aside and fry the semiya in the remaining ghee.
- Fry it evenly in medium flame till it changes to golden brown.
- Fry the sago in the pan for few seconds till it becomes hot.
- Sago need not be fried till golden brown.
- Mix the water and milk and boil it seperately.
- When the milk boils, add the fried sago and then the semiya.
- Stir it in intervals of every 20 seconds till the sago and the semiya is cooked well.
- Now add the required sugar to the kheer and mix it well.
- Do not add the sugar until the sago and the semiya is cooked well.
- Some prefers the payasam to be watery.
- Allow it to boil till the required consistency is acquired.
- Garnish with the fried cashew,(can add any kind of nuts)crushed cardamom, and the dry grapes.
- Serve it hot or cold.