- Rava-2 cups
- Water-4 cups
- Large Onion-2
- Tomato-1 (large)
- Red chillies-3 or 4
- Cut vegetables-2 cups
- Oil-4 or 5 tablespoon
Vegetables prefered :
Green Peas, Beans,Carrot, Cauliflower
For seasoning: Mustard,curry leaves
- Fry the rava in pan without oil evenly in the medium flame, till it is heated.
- Cook the cut vegetables in salted water and drain the excess water.
- Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Use approximately the right amount of water to cook the vegetables.
- Heat oil in pan and add the mustard seeds and the curry leaves.
- When it starts spluttering, add the red chillies.
- When the chillies are fried, add the onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Then the tomatoes are added and allowed to cook.
- Now add the measured amount of water and the salt needed.
- When the water starts boiling swift the fried rava into it evenly.
- While pouring the rava, stir it with a spoon constantly to avoid the clumps.
- Add the cooked vegetable when the kichadi is still in liquid consistency.
- Stir it for few seconds till it becomes thick enough to serve.
- Serve it with chutney or sugar.