- Rava-2 cups
- Water-4 cups
- Large Onion-2
- Tomato-1 (large)
- Cut vegetables-2 cups
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Oil-4 or 5 tablespoon
- Carrot,Beans, Green Peas, Cauliflower.
- cinnamon-1 small piece
- Fennel (sombu)-1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chillies-3(or 2)
- Mustard, Curry leaves
Cashews for garnishing if desired.
- Cook the vegetables in salted water (as said before in previous post)and drain the excess water.
- Fry the rava in pan without oil till it is heated.
- Heat oil in pan and add the seasoning items.
- Add onions, tomatoes and fry it till it is cooked.
- Add the paste and turmeric powder and little amount of water.
- Allow it to cook well till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the cooked vegetable and fry it for few more minutes.
- Add the measured quantity of water and the salt.
- When the water boils, add the fried rava and stir it.
- Remove it from the flame when it becomes thick enough to serve.
- Garnish it with fried cashews if desired.
- Serve it hot with any kind of chutney or sugar.