- Tomato -3 large size
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Oil-2 teaspoon
- Coconut-2 tablespoons
- Green chillies-2 ( or 3)
- Cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel(Sombu)-1/2 teaspoon
- Poppy seeds (kasakasa)-1 teaspoon
- Cashew-3(or 4)
- Mustard, Curry leaves
- Boil the tomatoes in water seperately.
- Peel off the skin and smash it into paste.
- Heat oil in pan and add mustard and curry leaves for seasoning.
- When it starts to splutter, add the onions and turmeric powder.
- When the onions are cooked well add tomato and required salt.
- Grind the grated coconut, cumin seeds, fennel, poppy seeds(soak for few minutes before grinding), cashew and green chillies into fine paste.
- Add the paste to the pan and allow it to cook for 5-6 minutes with the lid closed.
- When the kuruma boils well remove it from the flame.
- This kuruma will be thinner in consistency than the regular ones.
- Suits well with idli and all kinds of dosa.