- Green Peas-1 cup
- Onion- 1
- Grated coconut-1 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon- a small piece
- Oil-3 teaspoon
- Wash the green peas and cook it with enough water seperately.
- Grind onion, grated coconut and cumin seeds into fine paste.
- Heat oil in pan and add the cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the paste and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to the paste.
- Add little water and then allow it to cook well with the lid closed.
- When the masala is ready, add the cooked peas to it and allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- A perfect side dish for all kind of rices and chappathi.
Tip: Add 1 tomato if desired, which gives a different taste.