Only the ratio should be right enough to make it perfect. So here is my mother's ratio which makes my sambar always perfect and tasty.
- Red chilli-1/4 kg
- Coriander seeds-1/4 kg
- Channa dal-100g
- Toor dal-100g
- Urad dal-25g
- Cumin Seeds(jeeragam)-75g
- Rice- 40 g
- Turmeric powder-40 g
- Asafoetida-1 & 1/2 spoon
- Fry all the ingredients individually in a pan without oil in medium flame.
- Take care that the ingredients are roasted evenly.
- Powder it after allowing to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.