- Sea Fish - 4 pieces (400gms)
- Onion - 2(large size chopped)
- Tomato - 2(chopped)
- Garlic - 4/5
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds (dhaniya) - 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli - 3
- Coconut(grated) - 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind - lemon size
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
Mustard,Urad dhal,Fenugreek,cumin seeds
Fry red chillies and coriander seeds in little oil and add 1 onion, 1 tomato,and grated coconut.
Grind it into a paste.
- Soak tamarind in hot water and make juice by squeezing it.
- Heat oil and add mustard. When it crackles, add fenugreek, urad dal,and cumin seeds.
- Add the remaining chopped onion. When the onion turns transparent, add garlic and tomato pieces
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, and coriander powder.
- Add the paste with little water and salt. Allow it to boil.
- When the oil comes out in the sides,add the fish and allow it cook again with closed lid.
- Finally when the fish is cooked, add tamarind juice and allow it boil for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves after removing from flame.
- Tastes good with plain rice, jeera rice, idli and dosa.