I learnt from my hostel canteen Cook. He used to prepare this for the late comers, whenever there is hardly any food left.So quick and simple..
- Basmathi rice-1 cup
- Water-1 1/2 cup
- Butter-1 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds- 2 tablespoon
- (Powdered cumin-1/2 tablespoon, if more flavour is desired)
- Green chilli/red chilli -3
- Curry leaves and Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Cook 1 cup of Basmathi rice in 1 1/2 cup of water. Add required amount of salt while cooking rice.
- Heat butter in a pan ( oil can also be used) and add the cumin seeds (and the powdered cumin).
- When the cumin seeds start spluttering, add the chillies and then the onions.
- Add a pinch of salt and fry till the onion is cooked.
- Mix it with the cooked rice and garnish it with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Suits with all kind of kuzhambu or gravies.