- Channa Dal-1 cup
- Toor Dal - 1 cup
- Raw Rice- 1 tablespoon(optional)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch
- Red chilli - 2
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli-2
- grated coconut - 3 table spoon
- Curry leaves
- Sunflower Oil for deep frying
- Soak the (toor & channa) dals and rice together for about 3-4 hours.
- Grind the red chillies, cumin seeds, and ginger into a thick paste using your mixer.
- Add the soaked dals to the mixture and grind it thick and coarse.
- Sprinkle water while grinding, only if needed. Don't add too much of water.
- Don't grind it into a smooth paste. It should be really coarse.
- (Alternative: Keep 1/4 cup of the soaked dal mixture aside before grinding and then add it later.)
- Add finely chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, grated coconut, salt to the mixture.
- Make small circular shapes with the mixture.
- Deep fry in oil with a medium flame(heat), till it turns crispy golden brown.
- Tastes so good with coconut chutney.