- Garlic- 10-12
- Mustard- 1 teaspoon
- Jeera or Cumin seeds- 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli -2 (or more according to taste)
- Grated coconut- 1 1/2 tablespoon(can also be roasted slightly, if desired)
- Gingerly oil - 5 Tablespoon(1 kuzhi karandi)
- Salt- for taste
- Grind mustard, cumin seeds, black pepper, red chilli, grated (roasted) coconut into a fine paste.
- Take oil in a pan and fry the garlics in medium flame.
- Take care that it does not turn brown.
- When the garlics are half cooked, add the turmeric powder, the ground paste and enough salt.
- Add little water and allow it to cook till the garlic is well cooked and the oil comes out.
- Do not add much water as we do in normal kuzhambu.
- This has to be somewhat thicker in consistency.
- Suits well with plain rice.
- Potato fry, brinjal fry, lady's finger fry are some of the best combo.. :-D