- Onion or potato or plaintain (vegetable) or brinjal
- Gram flour(kadalai maavu)-5 cups
- rice flour-2 cups (approximately)
- red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
- Baking soda -1/4 teaspoon
- Salt-1 teaspoon (approximately)
- kesari colour powder- a pinch
- Oil- for deep frying
- Cut the potato or plaintain vegetable or the brinjal longitudinally or the onion horizontally into thin round pieces.
- Mix other ingredients in water into a loose paste (similar consistency as that of dosa)
- Dip each piece of any vegetable and deep fry it in oil.
- Serve it with coconut chutney and sambar.