- Mint leaves-3 tablespoons
- Red chilli-2 or 3
- Urad dal-1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds-1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Oil-1 tablespoon
- For seasoning:Mustard, Urad dal, Curry leaves.
- Cut onions and tomatoes into large pieces.
- Heat little oil in pan and add the urad dal, cumin seeds, red chillies, and the asafoetida.
- When it starts spluttering, add cut onions.
- When the onion is half cooked add the tomatoes.
- After 3 -4 mins, add the mint leaves and allow it to cook well.
- After allowing sufficient time to cool, grind it into a coarse paste.
- Heat little oil in a pan seperately and add the seasoning as usual (see previous posts for details) and add the paste.
- Cook it for few more minutes and serve it with hot idlis and dosas.