- Beet root-2 (large size)
- Milk-1 cup
- Sugar-5 - 6 tablespoon( according to taste)
- Ghee-3 tablespoon
- CardamomFried Cashews, and other nuts, dry grapes- for garnishing
- Grate one small piece of beetroot and cook it in milk seperately.
- Cook the remaining beetroot in pressure cooker.(Leave two or three whistles)
- Grind the pressure cooked beet root into fine paste without adding water.
- Heat very little ghee in the pan and fry the cashew nuts and other nuts(optional).
- Keep the fried cashews aside and add the remaining ghee and fry the beetroot paste in the ghee.
- Fry enough time till the raw smell goes out.
- Now add the cooked grated beetroot along with the milk and allow it to cook.
- When the payasam gets thicker enough, add the required amount of sugar.
- Finally after removing from the flame, garnish with cardamom, fried nuts and dry grapes.